What’s La Jolla's Trading post doing to keep guests safe and team members safe in stores?
Like many others, we’re taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventative measures we can take. We’ve invested in and expanded rigorous cleaning routines including:
- Providing team members with high-quality, disposable face masks and gloves to wear at work and encouraging healthy hygiene habits as guided by the CDC. Given CDC guidance on the role that face masks can play in slowing the spread of the corona virus and to keep our team and guests safe, we’re requiring team members to wear masks or face coverings when working.
- Having a team member stationed at the store entrance to ensure 4 guests are entering at a time.
- Cleaning check lanes after each guest transaction.
- Adding payroll hours to support more rigorous cleaning routines.
- Rolling out Plexiglass partitions to check lanes at the front of our stores.
We’re encouraging guests to observe social distancing and remain six feet apart while entering and shopping in our store through the following measures:
- Actively monitoring and, when needed, metering guest traffic to promote social distancing.
- Posting signage at the front of every store.
- Implementing floor signage.
- Dedicating team members to ensure guests wait in line at an appropriate distance until they're called to the register.
What’s your return policy?
At this time all sales are final.
Am I required to wear a mask?
Yes, we require our team members and patrons to wear a mask to enter.
What is La Jolla Trading post doing to ensure a safe environment in its store?
The safety of our team is our top priority and we’re implementing many measures to ensure a clean working environment, including:
- Providing team members with high-quality, disposable face masks and gloves to wear at work and encouraging healthy hygiene habits as guided by the CDC.
- Making sure our team knows and follows the latest guidance from the CDC for cleaning and sanitation, including enhancing our building sanitation practices by increasing the frequency of building cleaning and providing more sanitation stations throughout the DCs.
- Adding signage and floor decals as reminders for healthy hygiene habits and social distancing best practices in breakrooms and on the floor of our DCs.
- Temporarily, pausing all large group gatherings in person, such as team and department meetings